mindless drivel
Friday, May 01, 2009
  just stepped out of the time machine
In October 2008 I had just finished the time machine, and I was thinking about putting something in the blog about it, then I got so caught up in wanting to try out the time machine that I forgot all about it. Then I was just entering the space-time continuum and I was like “Oh crap, I was going to post something on the blog about how I would be ‘away for a while’” or something equally ominous and ambiguous. But by then it was too late. Anyway, turns out I missed a lot of the time-travel stuff going on outside the time machine window while I was thinking about it. I hope you’re happy!

Speaking of which, I’m really not sure what was going on outside of the time machine. I think most of the good stuff was at the beginning when I was day-dreaming about the blog. There was a lot of darkness. Every once in a while there was a flash of light like lightning in the distance, but every time I turned my head to see it I ended up just missing it. Plus I didn’t really think much about putting windows on the time machine, so I only had a pretty small viewing area.

Time travel was actually a little bit disappointing, to be honest. For one thing, even though I was technically “traveling through time,” it was not instantaneous like I thought it would be. In fact, the journey from October 2008 to today actually took like thirty minutes. It may not sound like much, but trust me, sitting in the time machine is pretty boring. Assuming it would just be instantaneous, I didn’t even think to bring along a book.

There are other disappointments about time travel, too. For instance, I bought a cell phone for $99 before I left, to bring along on the journey with me, so that I could call everyone I knew when I got there (here?) and make stupid jokes about how “young” I was feeling. But then I was in Best Buy today (I couldn’t find a Circuit City for some reason), and they were giving it away for free with a 2 year contract! Man, what a waste! I thought about just going back to last October and not buying it, but the thought of spending another 30 minutes in the time machine was enough to end those thoughts. Another thing, my computer is now obsolete.

Also, due to the time travel I missed a lot of episodes of my favorite TV shows. You wouldn’t think this would be such a big deal – I didn’t even consider it – but I lead a pretty boring life, and I watch a lot of TV. Don’t judge me. Anyway, I tried to watch this week’s Lost, and man I had no idea what was going on whatsoever. Granted, the show’s pretty confusing as it is, but what the hell? They’re back on The Island again? And they’re in the Dharma Initiative now? I am completely confused. I tried reading the recaps on Wikipedia (glad that’s still around!) but I got bored and just said forget it.

I’ll try to post some more about the time travel when I get around to it. Right now I’m off to check my 401(k) balance. I can’t wait to find out how much money I’ve made over the last seven months! Compounding interest, baby!
 
Comments:
i know that theoretically you're only supposed to be able to go back only so far in time as your time machine was created, but if at all possible, could you go back to before Lost was conceived and put a jimmy on its creator?

Thanks,

Mindless Drivel #1 Fan
 
Hi,

Great blog you have. I was just checking out other fellow Texan blogs.

I have a money saving/making blog.

Check it out and feel free to use or post whatever you like. Just let people know where you found it.

There are quite a few of free things and deals in the next few days.

www.chachingqueen.com



Cha Ching Queen
Helping you... Save: Money and time ~ Make: Extra cash ~ Learn: Random stuff
New! Austin and Dallas sections
 
great information and i was told about the blog and its great.
 
I was just scanning through some Texans blogs and found you. Great topic, great post.
 
Theoretically you are only supposed to be able to go back so far in time as your time machine was created...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Observations from a guy who no longer lives in Texas and really doesn't have very much free time.


go home!
Amazon Wish List
Amazon Reviews!
gmail monger187!

some ads!


Chitika!


Dallas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

george burns old
new post!
general motors press release
feeling fresh
housing crisis solved!
being human
tarred and feathered
happy 2008
world's most expensive dessert
a red-letter date in the history of science
monger187's money-saving tips

methuselah old
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
May 2009

blogroll

Blogroll Me!

some other stuff
Chris Rose Leather Design
Chuy's
Deep Thoughts
The Smoking Gun
Wikipedia Random Article

even more stuff
Atom Site Feed
Who Links Here



Add to Google


Listed on BlogShares

Where's George?



hey, a clever emdee button!

legalese
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
counters