mindless drivel
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
  2 months + 1 day post laser zapping
Time for my monthly update on the zapping of my eyes by lasers. Actually it was time yesterday, but I forgot. So in order to give you my 2 months post-op vision, I will have to think way back to yesterday. Actually, I think I'll post the text of an email I wrote to the doctor's office on November 3:

Dear (LASIK consultant lady),

I have an appointment with Dr. G on November 30, but there are a few issues that have been bothering me that I wanted to try to address before then if possible. The night vision issues I've had do not seem to have improved at all since surgery, even though I am about two months post-op. I still have rather large starbursts and haloes that begin to emerge in low light, and in my right eye lights seem to "smear" to the left somewhat under low light conditions. These problems make night driving rather difficult. Is there a legitimate chance for improvement with either of these problems, given my particular situation? Since I have not had improvement at this point, I am concerned that the gradual improvement I had hoped for will not happen. I have heard of two types of drops, Pilocarpine or Alphagan, which restrict the size of the pupil in low light (I am not certain what my low-light pupil size is currently). Is this something that Dr. G would consider prescribing for me to help with my night-time vision, either for the short term or the long term? Are there any other options I should consider at this point or in the future?

Also, the vision in my right eye seems to be consistently blurrier than my left eye. Earlier on, the vision would go in and out, but lately seems to be more "out" than "in." Is this normal, and should I make any assumptions about my long-term results at this point? I was hoping Dr. G could take a look at my chart and either email me or give me a call (xxx-xxx-xxxx day, xxx-xxx-xxxx evening) with his opinions. I appreciate all of your help with this!

Thanks,

monger187

At this point I have not heard back from the doctor about this. I guess I should note that the night time vision does seem to have improved a bit after all. I think it may have been worse last week because I was sick and on NyQuil, cough syrup, and other assorted stuff. So there probably is hope that the crazy starburst stuff will go away. I'm not so sure about the right eye blurriness, but I'm willing to go back in for more laser zappage if necessary. It's kind of frustrating to see how great the left eye is and not have it in both eyes. Seriously, it's pretty good. My right eye is very jealous.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Observations from a guy who no longer lives in Texas and really doesn't have very much free time.


go home!
Amazon Wish List
Amazon Reviews!
gmail monger187!

some ads!


Chitika!


Dallas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

george burns old
html programmer i ain't
bailey on the refrigerator 
when's my cat going to die?
i voted, and i have the sticker to prove it
i've been disenfranchised
me 2/3, hideous dent 0
babe ruth lives in my car
a scary thought for sox fans
my political rant
fun with the yahoo buzz index

methuselah old
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
May 2009

blogroll

Blogroll Me!

some other stuff
Chris Rose Leather Design
Chuy's
Deep Thoughts
The Smoking Gun
Wikipedia Random Article

even more stuff
Atom Site Feed
Who Links Here



Add to Google


Listed on BlogShares

Where's George?



hey, a clever emdee button!

legalese
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
counters