mindless drivel
Monday, January 10, 2005
  i wrote this down
I finally figured out why I needed a blog. It's for one reason, and one reason alone. But I can't remember the reason. Actually, the reason is that I forget things very quickly. If I don't write things down, I forget them. I need to make a grocery list when I buy more than two things, because I can't remember three things. I come up with a good variety of strange observations and ideas, but if I don't tell someone or write it down, it's gone in 15 minutes. I forget things so quickly that many times I don't even have a chance to write it down. By the time I get to the computer it's already forgotten. And to make matters worse, I can usually remember that I had a really good idea, but I can't remember what it was.

I believe that there is a direct correlation between the amount of odd things I notice and my lack of ability to remember them. Here's how it works. Every time I perceive something new or have a new idea, I need to find a place for it in my head. And in order to make that room I need to get rid of something else. Fortunately my brain works well enough that my email passwords and shoelace-tying ability have not yet been displaced. Usually it's just the last thing that I was going to write down.

So this blog is my way to document the things I won't remember otherwise. If you've noticed that it's kind of a mixed bag, well that's what you get with me. I'm what you might call "human." Sometimes my thoughts are funny, sometimes they are profound (not very often), sometimes they are unsettling, and sometimes you may not agree with me. But hey, if you didn't like it, you probably wouldn't be here. Unless you are on BlogExplosion, in which case you stopped reading after the first 17 words anyway.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Observations from a guy who no longer lives in Texas and really doesn't have very much free time.


go home!
Amazon Wish List
Amazon Reviews!
gmail monger187!

some ads!


Chitika!


Dallas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

george burns old
dress code advice needed
seinfeld, reprise
my fantasy football team was called the unmentiona...
i been busy lately
the one where i complain about stuff
natural blessings
i must have been naughty
more spelling issues
the clouds have dandruff
nyquil dreams

methuselah old
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
May 2009

blogroll

Blogroll Me!

some other stuff
Chris Rose Leather Design
Chuy's
Deep Thoughts
The Smoking Gun
Wikipedia Random Article

even more stuff
Atom Site Feed
Who Links Here



Add to Google


Listed on BlogShares

Where's George?



hey, a clever emdee button!

legalese
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
counters