mindless drivel
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
  i think i lost my funny
I offer this post as a warning. I think I may have used up my sense of humor.

Maybe it's because I have become increasingly disillusioned with having the world's most depressing job. Maybe it's because I'm fighting off a cold (for some reason six hours of sleep used to be plenty, but over the past few weeks I've been getting seven or eight and I feel like I'm going to collapse). I suppose it's possible that I used up my funny by writing it all down. Like maybe the only reason I was funny before is that I kept saying the same funny things over and over. I was on a four month loop. My wife and family never told me because they were trying to be polite. Or maybe they told me plenty of times but I forgot. But my poor memory allowed me to forget that I had already used the same material months ago, not realizing that I only had four months worth of funny. I'm like one of those kooky old dudes who think they're funny, but everyone is really laughing at them, not with them. But now that I've written it down, I can't get away with rehashing old funny anymore.

However many reasons I can provide as to why I have lost my funny, I think the real reason is that the funny vibes in Allen, where my house is, are just not as strong as they were in Plano, where my apartment was. I mean, think about it, even the name is funny, "Plano." Ha! "Allen" is not funny. Not funny at all.

But the story doesn't end here. All hope is not lost. There are some points of light. There is hope for the return of my funny after all.

First, our baby doctor is still in Plano, and our baby doctor hospital is still in Plano. Which means our baby will be born in Plano. I figure that means that he will be doing stand up before he can, well, stand up.

My two year old son Carter is pretty damn funny, and he was born in the unfunny capital of the world, San Antonio. San Antonio is possibly the ugliest, stinkiest, most depressing city in the world. You should really check it out one day. But somehow Carter ended up funny. So I figure there's true hope for someone born in Plano, one of the funniest places on earth.

Second, I write most of my stuff in Dallas. At work. Yes, work, the epitome of unfunny. So I guess I have two points here: 1) that I am still writing this at the same unfunny cubicle as before, and 2) that I can be funny in the midst of unfunny.

So hang in there, the funny is probably just taking a vacation. Hey, at least someone around here is getting a few days off.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Observations from a guy who no longer lives in Texas and really doesn't have very much free time.


go home!
Amazon Wish List
Amazon Reviews!
gmail monger187!

some ads!


Chitika!


Dallas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

george burns old
big evil corp
there's a party in my email account and everyone's...
the great blog scandal of 2005
write a comment already!
don't i know you?
i think i broke something
me and my house
close your eyes at bush
ask monger day
lava java

methuselah old
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
May 2009

blogroll

Blogroll Me!

some other stuff
Chris Rose Leather Design
Chuy's
Deep Thoughts
The Smoking Gun
Wikipedia Random Article

even more stuff
Atom Site Feed
Who Links Here



Add to Google


Listed on BlogShares

Where's George?



hey, a clever emdee button!

legalese
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
counters